A few weeks back we heard a rumor that Madonna would be the face of Louis Vuitton’s spring campaign. Today, the some photos were leaked out confirming that the rumors are true. The resulting 6 photos will start showing up in magazine ads beginning in February and feature Madonna in a “typical” French bistro setting in sepia-toned images, of course draped in LV. The photos were shot by long-time Madonna collaborator Steven Meisel.
Now that we have all the facts out of the way I have to get this off of my chest. I grew up on the material girl, had lace gloves and jelly bracelets galore and idolized Madonna. So, it’s with great sadness that I have to say, “Please stop.” Madonna, you are an amazing business woman. Hand over the pop-queen reigns to the new ladies and mentor them, grow your businesses, but please stop with the leotards. I respect that she looks amazing at her age, but I don’t think Madonna in leotards represents Louis Vuitton. I’m just sayin’.
- I’m Just Sayin’: Madonna Please Put Your Choo-Cha Away
- Rumors: Madonna The Face of Louis Vuitton For Spring ’09
- Eyes To The Sky: Get Laced With A Timeless Classic.
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton Fall ’09 Collection
- Madonna’s Give Me All Your Luvin’ (Feat. M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj) Official Video