It’s that time of the year when mistletoe and holiday romance are in full effect, and there is nothing worse than sweet stolen kisses and also of course, lingering vampiric ones, when one has fallen victim to the cold weather curse of chapped lips. My best defense against chapped lips (mine get pretty gnarly and painful too, since I have a nervous habit of biting them when I’m concentrating), is using good ol’ Blistex Ointment.
Its medicated formula creates a smooth protective barrier of moisture against the elements, and helps heals chapped lips and cold sores as well. It is also absorbs in seconds, so it is easy to layer under lipstick or gloss, or it can be worn alone.
Where to Buy: Drugstores
TIPs to Beat Chapped Lips:
1. Keep lips moisturized at all times with a lip ointment like Blistex. This means when you wake up, between meals, when you go to bed, and especially when you go outdoors.
2. Keep lips exfoliated. After you brush your teeth lightly run your toothbrush back and forth across your lips to remove excess skin.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Picks & Tip of the Week: On The Tip of My Lips – My Top 3 Lip Stains
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip and Picks of the Week: Putting the Cleave in Cleavage. How to.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Convenient Truths. You’ll Want Them.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick & Tips of the Week: Glitter Glamour – How to Get Your Glitter On
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: B.O. Hell No….Tough Love. Deodorants that Work.