BLB

‘Calgel’ and Nails By Maki at Valley NYC

Ok, so I do love some nails did. And surprisingly enough I usually just go with a solid color…the occasional hand design or airbrush BUT since I rock my real nails, the designs and paints don’t last as long as they do on synthetic nails…booooooooooo! Well, the lovelies over at Valley recently shared with me something new called “Calgel“. It is a gel coating that is activated by UV lights…here’s what they say:

Calgel is a superior gel nail system that promotes nail health, making it the healthier alternative in nailcare. It also soaks off in just 15 minutes! Calgel won’t lift, peel, chip, go rubbery or damage your own nails with harsh acrylics or drills. Calgel doesn’t interfere with nailbed metabolism which is why it can actually strengthen your own nails giving you the nails you always dreamed about. Calgel can be used on tips or as a natural nail overlay, and is available in over 80 colors, so the days of smudging, chipping and peeling nail polish are over!

Valley offers a clear “Calgel” that is a protective barrier for your nail and should be redone about every 3 weeks. I’m trying the “Calgel” out right now and love it! I loved my entire manicure experience at Valley! Maki was my manicurist and I have to say this has been by far the BEST I’ve had! Um, the hand/arm message was amaaazing! She was gentle, thorough, fast and neat. She hooked my kit up with the insane leopard print all done by hand. No airbrush here ya’ll! You get what you pay for and them some at Valley. Treat yourself…you are worth it!

See more of Maki’s work after the jump!

This is just a small sample…I’m pretty sure Maki could do anything! See her work in the latest issue of MissBehave magazine! Big Thanks to Nina and Julia at Valley!

8 Responses to “‘Calgel’ and Nails By Maki at Valley NYC”

1. this needs to be in seattle & vancouver bc (split my time between both cities)!!! the leopard looks dope as hell…and by HAND? this was most def. post worthy.

2. Sondra sondra says:

what??!! this is the best invention ever. I don’t normally get designs on my nails, b/c those bitches chip in like 2 days. I got to hit up Valley next time I am in nyc…

3. Nails says:

I dont understand why people give away such good NYC secrets. I have been using this gel forever and why exploit it? Wear it, get your nails did, and save it as a secret that us real nail diders do. Get my flow? I would so hate it if every trendy girl in the US start rock CALGEL and getting their nails like us, so dont brag, and if you do dont tell others what the material or where to get it done. Its only fair. Last thing I need is too see some 15 year old hawking these nail and poof there goes my style.

M.I.S.S. Liz, I love the nails! The leopard print is amazing (esp done by hand!) but my favorite is the little black dots in the center of the nail bed – tres chic!

To Nails, I have to say that I disagree. We’re here to share the secrets and let people know what’s good. I don’t think girls getting a manicure is going to wreak havoc on your individual style – if it is, you may want to rethink the components that make you an individual – and also realize that at the end of the day it’s your personality that makes you “you” not your nails.

5. BLB BLB says:

Word GDK! Valley provides a service and does it quit well, I most certainly want to share that with everyone! There are alternatives to acrylic, silk, etc. and those that don’t want to go with the before mentioned options should know they have an option to getting they nails did. I used to rock acrylics in middle school, we’re talking 1990, i’m no newbee to the nails diding but decided long ago I didn’t like the damage that came along with it. Like GDK said, it’s your personality that makes you “you”. Don’t waste another moment worrying about people that jump onto trends…that ish happens all the time. And when “they” move onto the next big thing, you’ll still be doing you and staying true to what it is that makes you who you are…

6. Rachie-pie says:

I loved your nails soo much I made my sister do mine similar to that! I have piks in my blog!

7. BLB BLB says:

Hey Rachie-pie 😉 Glad u liked my nail kit! I peeped what you and ur sis did, looks good!

8. sheterrica says:

where do i go to get this done? do all nail salon have this? and where is the nail salon you went to locate?