This is Anjulie. Born to immigrant parents from Guyana and raised in Toronto, this singer-songwriter has been crafting her songs since she was a young girl. With influences ranging from modern and 60’s pop, hip-hop, and caribbean vibes, she is creating a sultry and captivating sound falling somewhere between a bluesier Nelly Furtado, and a world-music influenced Corrinne Bailey-Rae. If you watch MTV’s The Hills, you’ve undoubtedly heard her music before, as her tunes have been featured in three different episdoes, and might have caught your attention. Anjulie her recently released a digital only 3-song EP, Boom (available at Amazon and Itunes) and is preparing a forthcoming self-titled debut album for Starbuck’s Hear Music slated for early 2009.
Photo Source: Myspace
- The Music Link List – 4.20.2011
- Santigold’s Master of My Make-Believe Out Now In the U.S.!
- The Music Link List – 2.02.2011
- Fashion Meets Music: Rye Rye “Boom Boom”
- We Got The Beat: Santogold Drops Today!