A few weeks back we posted about a Douglas Kirkland exhibit featuring his photos of Coco Chanel, as well as his book on the same subject. In addition to taking personal portraits of Coco Chanel, Douglas Kirkland has worked with a virtual who’s who of Hollywood including Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, Jack Nicholson and Elizabeth Taylor. He’s one of the masters at capturing a person’s essence on film so we were happy to stumle upon a short feature on him on Fine Art TV. The short film includes photos, interviews with people who have worked with him and an interview with Douglas Kirkland himself. Portrait – Douglas Kirkland, Living Legend was great because you actually got to hear Kirkland speak about his craft and it’s very rare to hear someone with so much talent talk about his work. Portrait – Douglas Kirkland, Living Legend was very inspiring and you can view the film online here.
- Save The Date: Douglas Kirkland – Coco Chanel Exhibition at Westwood Gallery
- Coco Chanel: Three Weeks/1962, Photos by Douglas Kirkland
- Douglas Kirkland Coco Chanel 1962
- “Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky” Movie Trailer
- Audrey Tautou: The New Face of Chanel No. 5