Artwork: “Veruca Salt” by Kathie Olivas
I’m not the healthiest M.I.S.S. out there, but my intentions are good, and I’ll be the first to admit, I struggle with having a healthy lifestyle (getting enough sleep, not eating junk food, exercising) when life kicks into high gear. In the past, especially in college, I used energy/health bars to sustain my blood sugar through long work/project/study hours, but didn’t really care for their chalky, over sweetened flavors and cardboard texture. Recently, a friend gave me a few LÄRABARs, and I was totally blown away by the level of energy they provided and how good they are; a far cry from the health/energy bars of the last decade. It’s really amazing how much delicious flavor could be packed into such a small bar that is completely raw, unsweetened, and 100% vegan. Each bar contains no more than six ingredients, and counts for one serving of fruit as well. These days, I’m all about the LÄRABARs and take them when I’m on the go, eating portions of the bar in-between meals. These bars are really great for traveling, my favorites are Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Pie, they really taste like pie, and that’s on the real tip.
PICKS: LÄRABARs in Coconut Cream Pie and Apple Pie
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: We ALL Scream for Ice Cream
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: BeauTea Bars – Get them at Essere Organics
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Convenient Truths. You’ll Want Them.
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Strawberry Fields Forever
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Cool it Now – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Spa Water Recipe