To celebrate the 125th anniversary of Gabrielle Chanel’s birth, Lagerfeld minted a coin of his design. “There might be less of it, but money can still be beautiful,” Karl Lagerfeld stated last week. The collection includes two silver coins and two gold coins – all with a value of 5 euros – a nod to the iconic Chanel fragrance, Chanel No.5. The total collection will number 11,099 coins and goes on sale on Dec. 1. The most valuable of the coins, the gold one, is limited to an edition of 99 pieces and will sell for 5,900 euros, or $7,450. Now, that’s a mark-up! Ooooh, if only I could get my hands on this!!
- Wearin’ The Money – Chanel “5” Euro Cuffs
- Chanel at Dover Street Market
- Chanel to Sell Double-C Face Stickers
- 10/29: Rare and Collectible Louis Vuitton Pieces, Up to 80% Off
- Design Insider: This is a Limited Edition Cushion