It seems like the line between fine art and fashion is getting blurred more and more. Just this month you could visit the Chanel Mobile Art Museum in NYC, hop over to your nearest Louis Vuitton for a Takashi Murakami bag and fly to San Francisco for the YSL exhibit at the de Young Museum. It seems like Dior wanted to get in on the art exhibit action and recently opened an exhibit in Beijing featuring the works of 21 Chinese contemporarty artists inspired by Dior fashions. No word on whether this exhibit will travel but I hope it makes its way stateside.
More pictures after the jump. Image Source
- The Art of the Fashion Sketch
- Nike AF1 25th Anniversary Party @ Beijing & Hong Kong
- Exhibit: Amy Winehouse – A Family Portrait
- Chanel Mobile Art Exhibit – Tickets Available Now!
- Design Insider: Cheeky China