On Thursday night we went down to the L.E.S. to the spot that formerly housed the Nike iD studio to see the opening of The Young And The Banging, the “downtown yearbook” and gallery show of New York City’s young creative talent. In true High School style, the event was complete with Prom Style Photos, Science Fair Volcanos, and chalk boards. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few people were caught passing notes. This event was put together by Heron Preston, young tycoon in the making. The gallery is open from September 4th through September 28th and gallery hours are Wednesday through Sunday 12-7. If you stop by on Saturdays you’ll be able to get your yearbook photo taken. It’s definitely worth checking out, and you can see more of what you’ll expect to see after the jump.
- NY: “The Young and the Banging”, TONIGHT
- “Mini Views” on Heron Preston
- NYC: The Young & The Banging Closing Party TONIGHT!
- HeronPreston.com Up-dated!!
- NYC: Chocolate Tasting and Martinis with Urban Girl Squad and Vosges