Since the M.I.S.S. Crew ladies and I have been in New York for Fashion Week, I decided to do some beauty scouting of my own along 5th Avenue. At Takashimaya, an exquisitely chic and upscale Japanese based department store, I fell in love with the following:
1. Nouba Quattro Eyeshadow Palette #609 – $39
At first glance, this eyeshadow palette looks like total Barbie doll colors, but upon closer inspection, this quad of pastel eyeshadows are perfectly pigmented shimmering perfection. Their subtle, but distinct sparkle look amazing day or night. I like to pair with a smudgy carbon black eyeliner, like Shiseido’s The Makeup Accentuating Creamy Eyeliner for a dramatic evening look, (see Review here).
2. Nouba Millebaci Long Lasting Lipcolor #7 – $19
Nouba’s Millebcaci Long Lasting Lipcolor in #7 is probably the most perfectly pigmented red liptick I’ve seen in my entire life. This long lasting lipstick goes on very smoothly, quite unlike most other long lasting lip color formulas. The formula tends to be on the drier side, so you will want to layer a clear gloss or lip balm over it, once it is dry. Millebaci #7 is indeed a very long lasting lip color, and you will need a make up remover, like Neutrogena’s Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover (see Review here), to take the color off your lips.
3. The Pink Room’s Pour Toi Eau de Parfum – $45 10 ml
After sniffing about 50 perfumes, my nose finally came to rest and to approval, after smelling The Pink Room’s Pour Toi (For You) Eau de Parfum, a very sweet, syrupy, and mysterious, but somehow whimsical and soft enough perfume to wear during the day. It is an unmistakably French fragrance, and coincidentally inspired by the famous and very controversial French writer, Colette, and her heroine, Gigi. I’ve always admired Colette’s very free spirit, of which Pour Toi captures perfectly.
Top Notes (sweetness): Lemon, Black Currant, Grapefruit
Middle Notes/Heart (floral): Rose, Fleur de Melati (Jasmine), Lily of the Valley
Base Notes (spice): Sandalwood, Vanilla, White Musk
Price: Cosmetics $20+
Where to buy: *You can call in your order and they will ship to you!
Caterina Secchi – Beauty Director
Takashimaya New York
693 5th Ave
New York, NY 10022
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick and Tips of the Week: Neutral’s So In It – In Sonia Kashuk’s for Target Perfectly Neutral Eye Palette that is
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: I’m All Nars – The Nars Exotica Summer 2008 Collection is So Haute it’s Cool.
- Lancôme House of Color: Jade Fever
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Summer Luvin’ – My Top Three Summer Beauty Picks
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Don’t Gimme No Lip – Get the Perfect Natural Lip from Clinique