M.I.S.S. NYFW: Colette x Gap Opening

On Saturday, September 6th, the much awaited Colette x Gap pop-up shop on 54th & 5th opened to the public at 10 am.  I didn’t make it to the store until 12:30, and I figured that by that time any line would have been over and done with.  I was wrong. Very wrong.  The line went around the block.  I took my place and prepared myself to be there a while.  Luckily, the Labor Day parade was making its way down 5th Avenue and the music and chants of the union workers made the time pass a bit faster.  Two hours and a dirty water dog later, I finally made it into the shop.

The first thing I saw was the Alexis Mabille x GapGreyJersey bow purse (pictured below) and I was in handbag heaven.  I grabbed a purse and made my way around the shop to see all the product and tried to decide what else to get.  I decided on the bow purse, a mug and a notebook.  Some of the products were already sold out when I got there (about 4 hours into the shop being open!).  There were only a few pairs of the Repetto GapGreyJersey ballet flats and I saw a woman pick up the last of the Longchamp Pliage GapGreyJersey bags.  The Kangol GapGreyJersey (pictured below) are marked as “coming soon” on the site but they were already out.  Even though they were limiting the amount of people in the shop it was still a bit chaotic – you could feel the anxious shoppers nervously going through product and trying to decide what to get before it was snatched by someone faster.  I documented the shop as best I can and you can check out more pics of product after the jump.

The Colette x Gap is open until October 5, 2008.
54th Street & 5th Avenue (on 5th)
Monday – Saturday 10 am – 9 pm
Sunday 11 am – 7 pm

The Line . . .

Kangol GapGreyJersey

Swarovski Bluetooth & USB

Interview Tee

Mugs & Candy Tins

Colette x Oakley Sunglasses, Key Chains & USLU Airlines Nail Polish in Colette Blue

Hello Kitty Watch & Vinyl Toy & Atelier WM Bougie Hand Candle

Candle Set

More fun stuff for the nose

Gap Customized Pieces

Souveneir Notebooks & Incase Iphone Case

Souveneir Post-Its & Pencils

Don’t know how to vote? Roll the dice!

Travel beauty kit

Colette x Kiehls Creme de Corps

Skate Decks

Chocolate Dipped Plates

GapGreyJersey Necklaces

More Tees

And more tees

White Vinyl Smurfs

WESC x Ed Banger Records Headphones

More cool plates

Wall Candy . . .

8 Responses to “M.I.S.S. NYFW: Colette x Gap Opening”

1. John says:

I need one of those caps!

2. Jon-Jon says:

I was on the same line at the same Time. I was this asian guy with a Black Pigeon fitted with a fake bird poop stain on it. Are all these photos from your camera. I didn’t know you wrote for this BLOG. Well I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I bought 2 pairs of Oakley Frogskins shades that day and a ANYTHING/NOTHING tee shirt. I wish they had the Aasic x Colette sneakers and I not shure if they they had the shirt with the boxer getting his ass kicked in a size large. I need to go back there to get some more goodies. Even though it was so small in there, it was enjoyable because there was something for everyone there.

3. Jon-Jon says:

oops, forgot to add my website link.

Hi Jon-Jon,
    I think I saw you in line. Wasn’t it so much fun! It was really tiny, but it was definitely worth the two hour wait. After I saw my photos I felt like I didn’t buy enough and I was wishing I got more stuff like the candles, post-its, nail polish, Hello Kitty stuff, etc. Sigh! If you go again please let me know what the line situation is like.

5. Jon-Jon says:

I’ll be stopping by there a lil’ after 2PM on Monday to tell what’s left over from the weekend. I know they’ll be getting in new shippments of new items yet to shown t o the public. But I was interested in those Aasic sneakers that was suppose to drop out at this store, but it only released in Paris and online. But I didn’t see my size, nor did I think shipping was going to be any fun. But I’m definitely looking into those Converse sneakers to release, only 200 made which isnt so bad. So we’ll see! I’ll keep yoy posted on what’s what. I gotta see if they got any more Longchamp bags for a friend, and I want to see if they have any more shirts with the boxer getting his ass handed by all this lil’ people. There was so much to think about getting, and I was wondering where the Hello Kitty tee shirt was at cuz all i saw was the Toys and the watch. I was also looking for the J’ <3 PARRI in black. not the other phrased ones, I like the PARRI spelling better. But yeah folks. This pop up shop has so much to go for and there is pretty much something for everyone which is amazing. This lady on the line on Saturday basically bought anything there because her name is “Colette”. So what an awesome reason to buy anything, and she had the money so why not.

6. Jon-Jon says:

ALot of things are gone. The smurfs are gone, 3g ipod case, the fat bitch with the dog tshirt, oakley shades, i heart <3 parri, and a view others.

These still had the bow purpose, some coffee mugs, kangoo hats, the boxer tee shirt. the ugly i (animated heart) NY shirt, the colette ny construction shirts (even the v neck ones) just to name a few things they still had.

they do restock certain things. but its all random. i they said there will be more of the colette ipod 3g case coming in. and they are still waiting on the converse sneakers to be delivered. all their shippments are from around twh rold. and once this pop up shop is down, all the left over products go back to France. so everyone should still stop in everyday because it’s like a cracker jack box, you just gotta see what kinda prize you’ll get in the end.

fyi, i went today after 2 to 3 today, and there was still a mini line. i waited outside for like 20 mins. they limit the number of people in the store. crazy!!!!

Hey Jon-Jon, thanks for the update!

8. LAFriendly says: