This week’s tip: Do It In the Shower – Two Minute Cuticle Prep , is another time saving technique done while showering, and is inspired by my true and desperate need for a manicure. During a shower is great time to prep cuticles, since skin automatically softens from the water’s moisture, and is easily pliable. The following is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to maintain cuticles in between nail salon visits.
1. Apply a cuticle/stain remover at the base of the nails, like ProteiNail Cuticle & Stain Remover, around cuticles.
2. With the index finger of your opposite hand, run the edge of your nail back and forth around each cuticle pushing the cuticle back, scraping off any excess, in the same way a manicurist would use a cuticle pusher (takes about 12 seconds).
Like this, but using the edge of your finger nail
3. Once you are out of the shower, apply a cuticle cream. Great to follow with a quick manicure (next week’s tip).
PICK: ProteiNail Cuticle & Stain Remover
Where to Buy: Beauty Supply Stores, Nailsmall.com
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: The Manicure Pedicure Hour – D.I.Y. 60 Minute Mani/Pedi
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick & Tip of the Week: Cute-icles – Revlon’s Cuticle Trimmer Makes it Easy
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Cuticle Love – Show Yours Some with my D.I.Y. Cuticle Oil
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Convenient Truths. You’ll Want Them.
- Nails Did: OPI Introduces Pure Lacquer Nail Apps