This week’s tip and pick is all about the art of multitasking…well, in the shower that is, and I’m all about multitasking when it comes to getting ready, especially since I’m a little bit of a maniac, often short on time, and always contemplating my next to dos, which leads me to this week’s pick and tip: Teeth bleaching with Crest’s Pro Effects Whitestrips in the shower, inspired by my many past messy, and very drooly encounters with teeth bleaching strips.
I don’t particularly enjoy spending money on teeth bleaching products, but my extraordinary fondness for things that stain your teeth; coffee, berries, tea, etc., are the naughty enablers to blame. So to keep my pearly whites, pearly white, I use Crest’s Pro Effects Whitestrips in the shower in between trysts with my D.I.Y. Grill Polish aka Whitening Toothpaste.
Usage: 2x per day for 30 minutes, for 10 days – 4 to 5 shades lighter, only effective on natural teeth
Where to Buy: Drugstores *Check your local newspaper for sales of $7-$10 off
Since the whitening strips are basically thin filmy pieces of plastic lined with bleaching gel, they have a tendency to slide off the teeth, causing drooling, and a somewhat awkward sensation in the mouth. I’m an absolute disaster when I use these around the house, so my solution is to use these in the shower, a safe haven for any drooling that might occur, and where I’m distracted enough by my shower activities that I forget I have the damn things in my mouth. Try it! It’s really sort of amazing how the 30 minutes just flies while you’re having fun….experimenting with new soaps, shampoos, and shower gels of course.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week – Don’t Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is – D.I.Y. Grill Polish
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Bag of Tricks – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s $10 and Under Make-up Bag Must Haves
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick & Tip of the Week: Cute-icles – Revlon’s Cuticle Trimmer Makes it Easy
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip and Pick of the Week: Do It in the Shower – Two Minute Cuticle Prep that is – Tips to Optimize Your Showering Habits – Part II
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: BEAUTY C.R.E.A.M. – How to Stretch your Beauty Dolla Dolla Bills – Part III: Pump it Up – How to be a Shower Gel Savior