If you’ve read M.I.S.S. for a minute then you know that I love Chanel. She’s an icon and an inspiration for women striving to achieve their dreams. Lately, you’ve probably hear us talk about Coco Avant Chanel, the movie set for release next year starring Audrey Tautou as Mlle. Chanel. Well, it appears the mania is spreading and the Lifetime Network is the next to hop on the band wagon. On Saturday, September 13th at 8pm Lifetime is premiering Coco Chanel, the made-for-television movie depicting the life of Gabrielle Chanel. Barbora Bobulova plays the Chanel of youth and Shirley MacLaine plays the older, wiser Chanel. Now, I’ll watch this because it has to do with Chanel. But, I have to admit that I am less than excited about Shirley MacLaine playing Chanel. I have a giant mental block – I can’t see MacLaine as the sleek, sophisticated and suave Mademoiselle. It seems I’m not the only one, Vogue UK reported that so far, the critics are not impressed. If you’re curious, and want to make your own opinion (advised), tune in to Lifetime on September 13th. You can find more information on the Lifetime movie here.
- “Coco Chanel” on Lifetime Review
- I’m Just Sayin’ – Shirley MacLaine Shouldn’t Get the Golden Globe
- Ladies Love Olivier Sitruk’s “Boy Capel” on Lifetime’s Coco Chanel
- Cuckoo for Coco: “Coco Avant Chanel” Exclusive Box Set & “Mini Karl”
- Cuckoo for Coco: Coco Avant Chanel Premier in Paris