Coco Chanel never married but she had several partners throughout her life. The man that was “the one true love” was Boy Capel, an English business man who helped finance Chanel’s first millinery shop. We reported a few months back that Audrey Tautou was cast as Mademoiselle Chanel. Today, we learned that Alessandro Nivola is cast as Boy Capel, Chanel’s “love of her life.” Tragically, Boy Capel died in a car crash and afterward Chanel’s collections featured what became her signature black. Other designers of the time commented that she was making everyone mourn for her lost love by using black as a main color in her collections. Whatever the reason, Chanel broke barriers and gave new life to the color black. We’ll learn about this and much more about the designer’s early life. I cannot wait to see this movie!!
****IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFO ON OLIVER SITRUK, THE FRENCH ACTOR WHO PLAYED BOY CAPEL IN LIFETIME’S MADE-FOR-TV COCO CHANEL MOVIE PLEASE VISIT HERE.
- Coco Avant Chanel – Coco Chanel Film Update
- More Chanel Films! “Chanel and Stravinsky: The Secret Story” Set for Release in 2009
- Cuckoo for Coco: Coco Avant Chanel Premier in Paris
- “Coco Chanel” on Lifetime Review
- Cuckoo for Coco: “Coco Avant Chanel” Exclusive Box Set & “Mini Karl”