A few weeks back the iLL-Literacy crew hosted It’s Pop It’s Art, a show featuring “limited edition prints from It’s Pop It’s Art collaboration between Airside and Emi Music Publishing.” Pieces from US artists including Hit + Run, Retna, Mike Genovese, Ethos, Garrett Morin & Cody Hoyt were on display. DJ Shred One was on deck and Black Swan Wines kept the wine flowing all night. The posters, paintings and illustrations were all inspired by music lyrics and it was interesting to see the words brought to visual life. Many thanks to the iLL-Literacy crew. Check out more pics from the event after the jump and stay tuned for “Mirror, Mirrors” from the event.
Artwork by Retna
- Save The Date: ill-Literacy at The Crash Mansion Wednesday, 11.12.08
- RETNA: The Hallelujah World Tour, presented by Andy Valmorbida & Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld
- Mirror, Mirror: It’s Pop It’s Art
- RETNA x Louis Vuitton Script Stole
- Helping Girls Run The World