Finally! The long-awaited Gucci Resort 2009 show took place in Rome earlier this week and it was well worth the wait. Frida Giannini’s collection was heavily inspired by 1970’s bohemian chic. Lots of chiffon sundresses (perfect for disco dancing on the beach), jumpers, peasant blouses, safari-style jackets and skinny trousers ruled the runway. The color palette was very earthy and ranged from brown, white, burnt orange and turquoise. The 70s aesthetic worked it’s way down to hair and makeup with side-parted lustrous long hair and kohl-rimmed eyes. And the accessories! The bags look great with many oversize varieties and a bit of python and snake skin accents. The collection was beautiful and consistent as a whole and did a great job of evoking 1970s jet set glamour. See more of my favorites after the jump . . .
- Unlock the Love and Glamour Experience … The New Fragrance From Jennifer Lopez
- Simply Vera by Vera Wang for Kohl’s Ads
- Cuckoo for Coco: Lily Allen for the Chanel “Coco Cocoon” Collection
- M.I.S.S. Couture Fall 2009: Chanel
- Beauty Tips and Secrets From Fashion Designer Rachel Roy