Sophia Kokosalaki, better known for her intricate pleating and draping, will be launching small collection of black denim pieces. Her company was recently bought by the owner of Diesel, Renzo Rosso, and I’m sure that may have just a little to do with the designer’s new exploration of denim. It seems to be a good fit, Ms. Kokosalaki stated, “I wear denim all the time and I always wear black.” The collection includes “jackets, miniskirts, trousers and shorts – [and] will feature her signature stand-out stitching for a ‘sophisticated London street-style feel,’ [Kokosalaki] adds.” The pieces will cost a pretty penny ranging from $386 and $1,236. I, too, wear a lot of denim and always wear black so I can’t wait to see what these pieces will look like.
- Lily + Jae Spring 2009 Preview
- Blogger PROJECT: Black Standard & Blood Is The New Black
- Celebrity Style: Rock The American Flag
- London Calling: Jean-Charles de Castelbajac Opens New Store In London
- My Latest Obsession: London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2011