Scarlett Johansson released her debut album, Anywhere I Lay My Head, a few weeks back that contains 10 “interpretations” of Tom Waits’ songs and one original song written by Scarlett and David Andrew Sitek of TV On The Radio. Sitek also produced the album and other featured guests include Nick Zinner, guitarist for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Sean Antanaitis from Celebration. I’ve only heard her covers on Youtube and I have to say, her voice is much better than I anticipated. She sounds like an American Nico – low range, a bit husky but without the accent. I think her choice of music is a good choice and makes sense for the Scarlett Johansson “brand.” She’s not trying to be a pop princess, instead, her album comes across as an art project and separates her from the other starlets that are in-and-out of rehab. With her successful acting career and her endeavors as a fashion designer for SJ Hearts for Reebok, one has to wonder whether Ms. Johansson is the next triple threat ala JLo and Gwen Stefani. What do you think?
You can here some of her new music here . . .
- Sneak Preview of Scarlett Johansson’s Line for Reebok!
- Scarlett â€śHeartsâ€? Rbk Look Book
- New Music Round-Up: Azealia Banks, Lana Del Rey, Iggy Azalea and More…
- Scarlett Johansson The Face of Dolce & Gabbana’s New Cosmetic Line
- Extra Extra! ‘Hell Yeah!’ Magazine is now online!