I totally found this week’s tip by accident. One day after work, I was in a rush as usual, while trying to get myself made up for a night out. So there I was putting on my eyeshadow, and right as I was about to put on my eyeliner, my hand slipped, and the smudgy foam tip of the eyeliner fell onto the shadow, brushing against it on its way down. At first, being short on time, I was slightly annoyed by the folly, but then upon closer inspection, I realized that it was the greatest slip up I could have possibly made, as I discovered using shadow with the smudge tip applicator creates the most perfect line width and the texture for the smoldering eye look – and does so quickly, easily, and sans the mess of brushes. Below are the exact products I was using, and how I used them that night, and how you too can use them to achieve the smoldering eye look in a jiffy. And hot damn, that certainly was a smoldering night…
What you need:
1. A powder Eyeshadow like Nars Galapagos Single eyeshadow (see last review of last week’s picks)
2. An Eyeliner with a foam smudge tip like Clinique’s Quickliner for Eyes – $14.50 Macys
or like Revlon’s Luxurious Color Eyeliner – $9.99 Drugstores
1. Apply eyeshadow to upper eyelids extending to a v-like shape at the outer corners.
2. Dip the foam tip of the smudger into the eyeshadow, tapping lightly to release any excess shadow.
3. Starting at the outer corner of the eye at end of the v-shape, apply the shadow inward using short light strokes until you reach the inner lower eyelid.
4. Follow with two coats black mascara, peach blush and lipstick, and complete the look with an allover dusting of pale gold shimmery highlighter.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick & Tips of the Week: Putting Out Fires with Gasoline – The Lure of the Smokey Eye.
- Beauty Tip of The Week: DIY Summer Makeup Look
- My Pick from the 2011 NARS Holiday Collection
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick and Tips of the Week: Neutral’s So In It – In Sonia Kashuk’s for Target Perfectly Neutral Eye Palette that is
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks and Tip of the Week: Glitter and Gold – Make Up Forever’s Star Powders are a Jem! Get the Look for NYE!!!