I’m absolutely spellbound by this week’s beauty pick, the Summer 2008 Nars Exotica collection. Having a definite, yet non-traditional art deco feel, the new Nars makeup collection feels nothing like summer at all. In fact, the collection feels more like a study on light and shadow, inspired by the glamorous gypsy beauties of a bygone era with the likeness of silent film actress, Gloria Swanson. The color palette in this collection has a moody, languid, exotic feel; all spices and erotica muddled together.
Some of my favorite picks include: The Galapagos Single Eyeshadow, an amazing russet brown shadow flecked with gold glitter; the Unconditional Love Duo Cream Eyeshadow includes an impeccably pigmented matte icy periwinkle; and the Mindgame lipstick is the most perfect sheer sepia lipstick I’ve ever seen. Opium dens, silk robes, lovers, and turbans – yes, with this Nars Summer 2008 collection, we quite exquisitely do enter the summer of exotica. Love it.
Price: $22.00 (Single Eyeshadows), $24 (Lip Pencils, Lipsticks, Glosses),
$32.00 (Duo Eyeshadows)
Where to buy: Nars.com, Sephora Stores
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Easy Summer Smolder – Oh You Will.
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week – Get Your Bang for Your Buck at Sephora
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Bésame Mucho – Get your Sexy On with Bésame’s VOLUPTUOUS Lip Colour Collection
- Doll Faced: Barbie Loves Stila Collection Now Available
- My Pick from the 2011 NARS Holiday Collection