Two of my favorite brands, Louis Vuitton and Comme des Garçons, are teaming up to open a joint retail space in Tokyo. The store will be open for 3 months, and marks Louis Vuitton’s 30th anniversary of its retail presence in Tokyo. The Comme des Garçons store on Kottodori is being remodeled with Louis Vuitton contributing to the expense and with the profits shared among the two companies. For the pop-up shop, Rei Kawakubo designed six “one-off” bags in the LV monogram pattern, and can be ordered by shoppers.
Kawakubo described her designs as ‘party’ bags, promising multi-handles or two handles morphing into one. All will use the Monogram toile, with the LV initials, and the offerings will hark back to the styles of 30 years when Vuitton made only bags and leather goods.
This is one of the most exciting collaborations and I’m very excited to see how these compaines join to create one retail space. We’ll have to wait until September to see!
Image & Info: The Moment
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton Monogram Revelation Bag
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton x Comme des Garçons
- She’s Got Sole: Comme des Garçons PLAY for Converse Pro Leather
- Louis, Louis: Sofia Coppola for Louis Vuitton
- 10/29: Rare and Collectible Louis Vuitton Pieces, Up to 80% Off