I remember hearing Estelle a few years back on some UK Grime compilations and really liked her flow. Because I knew her as a grimey rapper I was really surprised to hear her new sound and see her new look. Her new album, Shine, released this past Tuesday and features Estelle doing a bit more singing than she did on her debut album. She also worked with some interesting people on her new album including Kanye West, John Legend, Cee-Lo and Kardinal Offishall, Mark Ronson, Swizz Beatz, Wyclef Jean, and will.i.am. Her new album features a more grown & sexy Estelle, one that sounds confident in her new sound. You can purchase the album in stores or here.
The Old Estelle:
The New Estelle:
- Fashion Meets Music: Estelle
- Kid Sister Announces Tour, Debuts Ultraviolet
- M.I.S.S. in the Mix: The Best of Sean Paul (Mixtape)
- Fashion Meets Music: Jay-Z’s “Run This Town” Video
- We Got The Beat: Solange Knowles