This past Spring, Louis Vuitton released a line of bags designed by artist Richard Prince that featured Prince’s trademark joke paintings featuring silly oneliners and swirls and hints of color that looks like the canvas has been lightly tie-dyed (original story here). Well, there’s more of the sugary-sweet looking bags. To commemorate Prince’s first solo exhibition in the U.K., Louis Vuitton is releasing a limited edition bag. “The 50 ostrich and canvas Jamais bags — numbered and signed by the artist and featuring a smudged and freckled take on the house monogram — will be sold exclusively at Vuitton’s Sloane Street store in London during Prince’s solo “Continuation” show at the Serpentine [Gallery] June 26 to Sept. 7.” At a hefty price tag of $17,800, this bag will merely remain a piece of eye candy that I will admire from afar.
Info & Image of Bag: WWD
- Louis, Louis: Louis Vuitton Monogram Revelation Bag
- Louis, Louis: Murakami Wraps The NY Louis Vuitton Flagship For The Holidays
- Louis Vuitton x Comme des Garçons
- Louis, Louis: Sofia Coppola Collection In Stores Now
- 10/29: Rare and Collectible Louis Vuitton Pieces, Up to 80% Off