For the June/July issue of Interview Magazine, Marc Jacobs is featured on the cover as the new Andy Warhol. That’s a big claim to carry and MJ himself was pretty humble: “I don’t think of myself that way,” he said. “Warhol is Warhol. He’s practically a god. I thought, ‘I’m going to get a lot of hell for this.'” Beginning this Thursday, Marc Jacobs’ Bleeker street store in NYC will feature the magazine in the windows, along with t-shirts and tote bags screenprinted with the cover image. The t-shirt will retail for $35 and the tote bag for $15, and the proceeds will be donated to the Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, PA. I’m definitely glad that the money will be going back to benefit the Andy Warhol museum. What do you guys think? Is Marc the new Andy?
- M.I.S.S Techcessories: Incase for Andy Warhol
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – The Incase x Andy Warhol Spring 2012 Collection
- NARS Andy Warhol Profile Makeover Facebook App
- Bond No. 9’s latest installation for fall ’09: “Andy Warhol Success is a Job in New York”
- Debbie Harry Visits the Blondie Pop-Up Shop at Marc by Marc Jacobs