Whether it’s green tea ice cream, green tea mochi, or green tea proper, I LOVE green tea, and I especially love the fact it is packed with powerful antioxidants. Speaking of which, I recently read green tea’s antioxidant properties are particularly beneficial when applied topically to skin, likewise increasing its elasticity, and having antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects as well, and companies such as Topix Replenix, are including green tea in their skincare products, retailing in the $50 range. Since scientists know green tea needs a carrier in order to penetrate the outer layers of skin, I decided to do some experimenting of my own with green tea proper, and infused my face cream with it, which is how I came up with this week’s tip: D.I.Y. Green Tea Face Cream.
What to buy:
Green tea bags – $3.00 grocery store
An everyday face cream or moisturizer like Olay’s Sensitive Skin Moisture Therapy Lotion (4 fl oz for $7.99 at Drugstores)
1. Steep a cup of green tea for a few minutes. Once cooled, pour into a sealable bottle for future use.
2. Follow your normal face cleansing routine.
3. On the back of your hand, dab a one use size of face cream or moisturizer. On top of the moisturizer/face cream, pour over 1 teaspoon of green tea and mix with your fingers. Apply liberally to face and neck.
*After I apply this mixture of green tea and moisturizer to my skin, I instantly notice its texture is suppler, smoother, and tighter, with a slightly dewy look.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- Mama Mio Mighty Moisture
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Green with Envy – You Don’t Have to be in 2009 with Dr. Hauschka’s Daily Face Care Kits
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Get Lifted – With M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Facelift That is
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Come Holler at This Scrub – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Nut and Honey Scrub
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week – D.I.Y. Sake Rose Toner