There’s nothing more precious than having a little baby girl to call your own – the itty-bitty witty barrettes, the itty bitty tea party sets, and the itty bitty outfits that are so much cuter than her brother’s. Well the Mayor of Whoville doesn’t agree, and his 96 daughters might as well end up in an orphanage for Angelina Jolie to adopt, because his happiness, and the entire fate of the world rested on the shoulders of his only son. What’s even more annoying was that this was a subplot that was added to the script, and not in the original version of the book. Shame on you, Hollywood!
Peter Sagal, father of three daughters and contributor to NPR, had an interesting rant about the plot of this story, and the plot of every other story in Movie Land that begins and ends with a young man – not young woman’s – destiny to save the entire frickin’ universe. Sure it’s all make-believe in the end, but the unspoken lessons can last for a lifetime.
- Reminisce With M.I.S.S.: Conscious Daughters
- Reading Rendezvous: Stay by Allie Larkin
- Reading Rendezvous: The Left Hand of God by Paul Hoffman
- VOLCOM SWIM 2011 FASHION SHOW
- “Beautiful as Aphrodite, Wise as Athena, Swifter than Hermes, and Stronger than Hercules”