The spring season creates a sense of anticipation for all things to warm, lighten, and brighten. In spring I feel and an enthusiasm in the air, I have bit more spring in my step, and I want lighter clothing, lighter hair, and of course lighter makeup. So this winter, I was a big fan of mineral powders….Then the other day, I looked in the mirror and realized the somewhat heavier coverage of mineral powders just didn’t quite match my new spring mood. I decided it’s time to switch it up, and so I made my own mineral foundation, similar to Maybelline’s Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation. So in this week’s tip, I’m going to show you how I did it…..
What You Need:
Mineral Powder Makeup like L’Oreal’s Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup $14.99 at drugstores (see review from 01.28.08)
Sunscreen for the face like Clinique UV-Response Face SPF 50 $15.50 at Macy’s (see review from 08.12.07)
1. Squeeze approximately 1/2 teaspoon of sunscreen on the back of your hand (or however much you would normally use for your face).
2. Then shake about 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon (more powder equals more coverage) of the mineral powder on top of the sunscreen. Mix with your fingertips and apply to the face and neck.
The result will be a dewier, yet with slightly lighter coverage then when in mineral powder form alone.
*You can make an evening version of the mineral foundation by using your regular face moisturizer in place of the sunscreen.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick and Tip of the Week: Mineral Powder Perfect. How to Get Super Model Skin at a Super Beautiful Price.
- M·A·C Makeup Looks At Paris Fashion Week S/S 2010: Gareth Pugh and Tim Van Steenbergen
- MISS Beauty Tip Of The Week: Foundation Faux Pas
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tips and Pick of the Week – Getting Skin Deep: 6 Steps to Great Looking Skin
- M∙A∙C Mineralize Foundation SPF 15 for Spring 2010