When you are obsessed with beauty, you try everything; the old, the new, the odd, and when it comes to cleansing one’s face, my forays with the following: cleansing brushes, facial sponges, and exfoliating disks, have only led to a very anti-climatic sense disappointment, as I always go back my old flame: the cotton washcloth.
Now, like any business, the beauty industry is filled with massive amounts of competing products developed by marketing teams to drive sales, and increase revenue, and with so many of these types of marketing schemes running amok, the idea of using a basic, old fashioned washcloth might strike us as old fashioned and even archaic. However, as a testament to time and history, I have to say, washcloths work the best in terms of cleansing the face. They great for the skin cause they provide gentle exfoliation while removing pore clogging dirt, oil, and makeup, and of course, nowadays you can buy them organic and in bulk, and can customize them to you (monogram) or to your bathroom décor.
What You Need: Some washcloths
1. Lather face with the cleanser of your choice.
2. Run washcloth under warm water and with your fingertips under the washcloth; gently pat your entire face. Keeping your fingers in this position, rub the washcloth very lightly over the eyes to remove any eye makeup, then run it downwards on the forehead, cheeks, and chin, and downward and out over the nose area.
3. Rinse washcloth and repeat the process until your face feels clean.
4. Hang washcloth to dry or have a bunch handy (rolled in a basket in an easy storage method) for the next use.
5. Follow with toner and moisturizer.
*A thorough washcloth face cleansing should take 35-45 seconds.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Get Lifted – With M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Facelift That is
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tips of the Week: Poker Faced – A Tutorial on Face Contouring
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Waterworks – When it Comes to Foundation, Let H2O do the Work
- Soothe Your Skin With Swell
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Pimpin’ It – How to Treat a Blemish Right.