I had heard about JetBlue’s Beta Blue aircraft last month while flying out to NYC. Only one plane, called the BetaBlue aircraft, has the Wi-Fi capabilities to access the Internet in the sky. Can you imagine how much work or web-surfing you could get done cruising 10,000 feet in the sky!! On my most recent trip to NY I had the chance to fly on the BetaBlue plane and use the service. It was great to knock out a few emails before I fell asleep. This is a free service provided by JetBlue and LiveTV™, Yahoo!®, and BlackBerry®. JetBlue is the first domestic airline to offer this kind of connectivity to its customers, free of charge.
Customers traveling on this aircraft can use their Wi-Fi® enabled smartphones, BlackBerries and laptops* to virtually connect to home and work via Yahoo!® Mail, Yahoo! ® Messenger and BlackBerry email and BlackBerry® Messenger services. Additional features can be expected in the near future on BetaBlue. This is only another reason why I only fly JetBlue! I hope someone from JetBlue is reading this 😉
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Blackberry Bold 9780
- MISS Techcessories: Touch the Blackberry Bold 9900
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories – The Blackberry Z10
- M.I.S.S. Techcessories: Blackberry Goes On Tour July 12th on Verizon Wireless and Sprint
- Little M.I.S.S. Frustrated: Putting the ‘Crack’ in Crackberry