It’s extremely important for all women to be educated, and informed about the risks of breast cancer, a hereditary and socio-economic disease, so serious that 1 in 8 women will develop it during their lifetimes, according to the American Cancer Society. So with this alarming statistic, this week’s tips are to help women take preventative measures in caring for their breasts, so that they indeed may become B.F.F.
1. Get to know your breasts. Meaning, give yourself monthly breast examinations so you can become familiar with your breast tissue. As you become educated about this part of your body, it will be easier to detect any abnormal feeling lumps. ALWAYS consult a doctor as soon as possible if you think you may have found a questionable lump or questionable changes in skin texture. The following link has illustrated step by step instructions on how to perform this kind of monthly breast self-exam.
2. Get a professional’s opinion. Get a breast exam from your doctor every two years if you are under 40, women over 40 once a year. Get your first mammogram after 35, annual mammograms after 40.
3. Eat a balanced diet, exercise, and if you smoke, quit!
4. The skin on your chest is just as important and as sensitive as the skin on your face. So please, moisturize, exfoliate, and protect outdoors. Use sunscreen and cover your chest!!
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Breast Assured – What To Do if You Find Unlovely Lady Lumps
- Click to Give, The Pink Ribbon Challenge!
- Boarding 4 Breast Cancer x CCS
- Nails Did: Breast Cancer Awareness
- M.I.S.S. BCAM: Hershey’s Pledge For Survival