I have a soft spot for things neglected, things that might not quite get the attention they deserve; and as we near the end of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I’ve come to realize there has been a significant shift in my own consciousness, and that October has really just become breast awareness month, and that is why this week’s picks are products that will keep your bosom buddies pampered.
1. Lancôme’s Exfoliance Clarte – Clarifying Exfoliating Gel
Last week’s tips included exfoliation as one of the breast care methods. One of my favorite exfoliating masks is Lancôme’s Exfoliance Clarte, a gel mask composed of pineapple and papaya extracts and very fine granules to remove dead skin cells. What I like most about this mask is that it clarifies without stripping the skin’s natural oils, a quality that many exfoliating products lack. It’s very gentle and hydrating, and works especially well on the face, neck, and bust.
Price: $23 for 3.4 oz. tube
Where to buy: Macy’s, Nordstrom, Sephora
2. Palmer’s Massage Cream for Stretch Marks
Palmer’s Massage Cream for Stretch Marks is great for anyone who is trying to prevent them, or would like existing ones to fade a bit (expecting mothers, people that diet, pubescent girls, women whose bodies are adjusting after childbirth). The cream contains vitamin E and cocoa butter; moisturizers that reduce stretch mark scarring; lanolin to firm, and collagen and elastin to aid in retaining the skin’s elasticity. It’s clinically and dermatologist tested, so safe for expecting and nursing mothers. Its initial fragrance is a bit potent; however this fades after a few minutes, but most importantly, it works and leaves you with firmer softer skin.
Price: $5.79 4.4oz. tube
Where to buy: Drugstores
3. Urban Decay Flavored Body Powder in Marshmallow
I’ve been a fan of Urban Decay’s edible shimmer powders for years now. They are incredibly fun and whimsical, perfect for enhancing décolleté, legs, shoulders, etc. and can essentially be used anywhere on the body. Hell, I’ve even seen people dust cakes with it. My recent favorite is Marshmallow, since it has a light creamy shimmer, and tastes decadently like, well like marshmallows. Delish.
Price: $26 for .63 oz.
Where to buy: Sephora, urbandecay.com
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Pick of the Week: Unleash Your Outer TANimal – With Lorac’s TANtalizer Award Show Glow
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Not Too Cool for School – Picks to Get You Thinking Pink
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks and Tip of the Week: Santa’s Little Helpers – Picks and a Tip to Perk You Up
- Lil’ Miss Giveaway: Enter to Win Dr. H. Bellin Scar & Stretch Mark Body Cream
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: BEAUTY C.R.E.A.M. – How to Stretch your Beauty Dolla Dolla Bills – Part IV: Liquid Courage – My Favorite Summer Shower Gel Picks