I’m not the type of girl that likes desert heat. In fact, the only dry heat this girl likes is the kind that comes from a sauna…….and speaking of which, I’m off to that sauna of a place, Las Vegas tomorrow. So this week’s picks are what I will be bringing with me to stay haute in Sin City.
1. Evian Brumisateur Mineral Water Sprays
DESCRIPTION: Evian packages their pH balanced water in mini cans that spray a fine mist, and although I personally don’t like the taste of Evian mineral water; I absolutely LOVE it for my skin and hair in unbearably hot weather. Use it anytime to tone, refresh, and rehydrate.
WHY I LIKE IT: It may look high maintenance when I go around dousing myself with baby cans of Evian, but for what it’s worth, it does the trick. These travel extremely well, and conveniently fit into practically any handbag.
Price: $5.50 for 1.7 oz.
Accessibility: Good (Sephora, Nordstrom, Drugstore.com)
2. Decleor Brume Fraiche Hydratante – Fresh Hydrating Mist for Face
DESCRIPTION: When I finally arrive back at my hotel room, I like to spritz my face with Decleor’s Fresh Hydrating Mist for Face. This I like since it combines uplifting essential oils (levendar, petitgrain) and essential waters (orage, kiwi, sweet clover) to refresh and rehydrate the skin.
WHY I LIKE IT: I always keep a bottle of this in my desk at work. Smells so good, that I give myself a spritz everyday around 3pm to kick me back into gear after lunch.
Price: $20.50 for 5 oz.
Accessibility: Good (Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom)
3. Clinique UV-Response Face SPF 50
DESCRIPTION: Everytime I go outside I use Clinque’s SPF 50 to protect my skin. It’s is a non-greasy, water-resistant, and oil-free cream formula that goes on easily, and is noticeably non-drying (I have dry skin) as compared to some other SPFs for the face.
WHY I LIKE IT: This SPF is so lightweight, absorbent, and easy to use that once I apply it, I totally forget that it’s there.
Price: $15.50 for 1.7 oz.
Accessibility: Good (Sephora, Macy’s, Nordstrom)
4. Olay Body Touch of Sun, Daily Body Lotion Plus a Touch of Sunless Tanner
DESCRIPTION: Oil of Olay’s version of a gradual self-tanner in a lightweight, lightly scented (on the sweet side), all -over body lotion.
WHY I LIKE IT: I use self-tanner, and when I’m on track, I use gradual self-tanner. Now, I know that sensitive noses like mine and M.I.S.S. Liz’s don’t appreciate that horrible overpowering chemical/vitamin/mineral scent of most self tanners. She actually discovered this one, and I tested out recently, and I have to say I agree, it’s the most decent smelling gradual self-tanner I’ve used to date (more like burnt polyester, which actually smells good to me versus the nuclear powerplant smell of some of its contemporaries). It works well, doesn’t streak, and the best part is that it isn’t terribly expensive.
Price: $8.50 for 6.7 oz.
Accessibility: Great (Walgeens, Walmart, Longs)
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips and picks to come next week!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: BEAUTY C.R.E.A.M. – How to Stretch your Beauty Dolla Dolla Bills – Part IV: Liquid Courage – My Favorite Summer Shower Gel Picks
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks and Tip of the Week: Santa’s Little Helpers – Picks and a Tip to Perk You Up
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Summer Luvin’ – My Top Three Summer Beauty Picks
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tips and Pick of the Week – Getting Skin Deep: 6 Steps to Great Looking Skin
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Bosom Buddies. Love Them.