Roger Vivier was one of the most influential shoe designers of the 20th century. Having studied sculpture, he brought a unique perspective to shoe design and is credited with creating the stiletto heel. During his lifetime he designed shoes for Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Schiaparelli, Grés, St. Laurent, Ungaro, and Balmain. Though the famed shoe designer passed away in 1998, his legacy lives on. Bruno Frisoni now designs for the House of Vivier and he and his muse, Ines de la Fresssange, have designed a limited-edition shoe exclusively for Colette called “Rose and Roll”. The shoe is so lovely, the satin rose in a deep purple with the red stiletto heel – complete with rose thorn. What an amazing piece of shoe history! “Rose and Roll”, along with Buckle Bags from the Autumn/Winter ’07-’08 will exclusively debut at Colette during Haute Couture week in Paris.
Check out more pics after the jump . . .
- Christian Louboutin X Heidseick= Le Rituel Box Set
- M.I.S.S. NYFW: Ruby Slipper Event – Even More Shoes!
- Not Bad For a Girl: Roll your sleeves up!
- 55DSL X Complete Technique
- 7 reasons to keep your eyes on the Colette store!