The de Young Museum continues to breathe fresh air into the San Francisco art and fashion scene as the museum prepares to host it’s second fashion exhibit Nan Kempner: American Chic . Kempner, a San Francisco native, was a true fashion icon and had a closet full of couture pieces to prove it! The exhibit will showcase nearly 75 of her ensembles, 25 exclusive to the de Young (yes!) and will be showing June 16th-November 11th.
YSL, Valentino, and Oscar de la Renta oh my!
If you haven’t checked out the Vivienne Westwood exhibit you have until this Sat June 10th! Click here for museum directions and hours.
P.S. Archives of Yves Saint Laurent to come in 2008!
- “Nan Kempner: American Chic” Opens Today at the de Young Museum in San Francisco
- Nan Kempner: American Chic
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Culture Club: Don’t Miss Yves Saint Laurent at the de Young Museum – Nov 1, 2008 – April 5, 2009
- Yves Saint Laurent R.I.P.
- “Voyages Extraordinaires” – YSL