I had the pleasure of meeting Tasha & Melanie at a Ladies Lotto meeting in New York a few months ago. The two have joined forces like voltron to create The Agytators – a dynamic duo working in photography and film
to challenge stereotypes created by mass media. Here’s a glimpse from their mission statement:
To AGYTATE the masses, you must provoke them into thought. THEY MUST THINK ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND THEM, AND HOW THEY AS INDIVIDUALS COME TO AFFECT THE MASSES BY THEIR ACTIONS. ART IS THE ULTIMATE TOOL OF EXAMINATION & PENETRATION INTO THE FIBRE OF LIFE. AS ARTISTS, IT IS OUR OBLIGATION TO SHED LIGHT ONTO OUR OWN CANVAS OF EXPERIENCE GIVE A TRUE TO LIFE DEPICTION OF THE ISSUES THAT CONFRONT US DAILY.
- Nike “Believe In The Run” Competition
- Always A Lady: Never Let Them See You Sweat
- Vans “Create on Canvas Contest”
- M·A·C All Ages, All Races, All Sexes
- YOUNITY Call For Entries: Heart & Soul