I’m an old fashioned kind of girl, of the ex-smoker current coffee drinker variety, so maintenance of a pearly white smile is a perpetual responsibility for me. I believe in sound investments and earned value when it comes to beauty, which is why I don’t enjoy spending a ton of money on teeth whitening products. So here is a little INEXPENSIVE and QUICK trick I came up with after dishing out $120 last year for Go Smile – a very brilliantly branded style teeth bleaching system that packages a peroxide gel in a single serving glass ampoule applied to each tooth for six seconds. Its branding strategy and packaging was actually more impressive than its delivery, which is why I decided to make my own version, more so a tooth polish than a bleach, since the whitening process is natural, not severe, and painless, with results just as effective if not more than the Go Smile System, and the best part is that you’ll be left with the cleanest feeling teeth you’ve ever experienced. And these days, I’m very smiley, since I don’t have to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, cause that money gets diverted right into to my fragrance fund, but that’s another story….
Instructions to follow….
What to buy: Box of Baking Soda ($0.75), Bottle of Peroxide ($1.50), Tube of Toothpaste, Cotton Swabs
Instructions: Dip a cotton swab into the peroxide, then dip it into a container of baking soda. In a circular motion, rub the cotton swab on each tooth, making sure to include the backs of the teeth as well. For best results, this process should take 10 seconds. Follow with brushing your teeth and flossing as you normally would.
The baking soda gets your teeth impeccably clean by buffing away stains, the peroxide whitens and disinfects, while your normal toothpaste hides the taste.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips to come next week!!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Mo’ Better, Brighter – Soon Your Skin will be with this D.I.Y. Illuminating Mask
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Always a Lady, Never Out of Hand – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Nail Brightener
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Picks of the Week: Bag of Tricks – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s $10 and Under Make-up Bag Must Haves
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip and Pick of the Week: Shower Power – Tips to Optimize Your Showering Habits – Part I
- M.I.S.S. Jet Set: Found Around The House