By special request, here is another natural , INEXPENSIVE way to attain a fresh and healthy complexion. This recipe for Sake Rose Toner was inspired by the luxury Japanese cult status skincare brand SKII, whose magical youth preserving key ingredient is sake. The story is that a Japanese monk visiting a sake brewery in Kobe noticed the brewery workers had true to age skin on their faces, but baby soft hands due to their constant contact with sake, and thus SKII was born.
After some experimentation of my own, I came up with this D.I.Y. version of a sake based toner costing a mere fraction of the SKII price, and that I call MKII. Sake, a natural astringent, tightens the pores, and rose petals scent and moisturize. And M.I.S.S. Liz loves this one too!
What to buy: bottle of Sake, a fresh Rose
How to Instructions follow…
Instructions: Place some rose petals inside the bottle you will be using to store your toner. Fill the bottle with enough sake to cover the roses. Presto!! All finished!!
To Use: Moisten a cotton ball and apply to the face and neck after cleansing. Follow with a moisturizer, (Rosemary infused Olive Oil Moisturizer, D.I.Y. Tip from March 18th, is a great choice). The Sake Rose Toner will keep for about 4 months refrigerated, 2 months otherwise.
Enjoy and stay posted for more beauty tips to come next week!!
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: D.I.Y. Rosemary Infused Olive Oil Moisturizer
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Cool it Now – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Spa Water Recipe
- “A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet”
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: More Spring Secrets – How to Make your Own Green Tea Face Cream
- M.I.S.S. Michelle’s Beauty Tip of the Week: Come Holler at This Scrub – M.I.S.S. Michelle’s D.I.Y. Nut and Honey Scrub