The issue of model’s weight and body image have long plagued the fashion industry, though nothing has really been done about it. A few months back during the Spring ’07 Shows, Spain’s top fashion show led the way in saying "enough is enough" by rejecting certain models as being "too skinny." It seems this was a spark for a new trend. Now, "Italy is looking for international consensus on its plan to issue licenses to fashion models who meet an age and health standard." I think it’s great that the fashion industry is recognizing the impact that it can have on womens’ body images and I look forward to the day when models look more like women and less like skeletons.
Read the full story after the jump . . .
- Go Big or Go Home: V Magazine Plus Sized Editorial
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Happy Nutrition Month
- Hell Yeah! Magazine – The Race Issue
- Ali Hewson & U2’s Bono in Louis Vuitton’s Core Values Campaign
- M.I.S.S. Healthy Bites: Pro Nails